Industrial Heat Resistant Curtains
Akon provides a full range of industrial heat resistant curtains which are used to isolate heat producing ovens, equipment, and processes. These high heat curtains increase productivity and increase safety from molten splash, sparks, and the most extreme heat.
CD1000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
This silicone coated curtain is fabricated to shed molten splash which is as hot as 3000°F. The industrial heat resistant curtain will protect all of the sensitive equipment systems located near coke ovens and other molten splatter sources.
CD2000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
This industrial heat resistant fabric is rated for 500°F (3000°F intermittent). This curtain is insulated to maintain temperature zones. The outer shell covering then protects the inside from radiant heat sources.
CD3000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
This aluminized material is rated for 2000°F. The woven Silica makes it ideal for extreme heat while maintaining great protection from all sorts of radiant heat sources.
CD4000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
This high temperature blanket is made from double or triple layers. This material is rated for 2000°F continuous or intermittent heat up to 3000°F. The Silica Curtain offers a great thermal barrier for all sorts of extreme temperature applications.
CD5000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
One of the best sellers, this flexible mylar aluminized fabric is rated for 500°F (3000°F intermittent). The reflective surface makes it ideal for reflecting radiant and convective heat.
CD6000 High Heat Thermal Curtain
A folding curtain made from panels which are rated for 500°F (3000°F intermittent). They are designed per application like the other heat divider curtains and come in almost any size and or shape.
Considerations for Heat Resistant Curtains
When you are choosing an industrial heat resistant curtain you need to take into consideration several factors which will help us supply the best heat reflective curtain for your application. Here 4 ore the most important considerations:
- What is the maximum temperature the curtain will have to endure?
- How long will the curtain have to endure that temperature?
- How far away from the heat source with the curtain be located?
- Are you trying to block / reflect the heat or are to contain it?
Mounting the Industrial Heat Curtain
There are several different options for hanging the heat resistant curtains. These include industrial curtain track which allows the curtains to roll open to allow access or static position mounts for curtains that are fixed in place. To your right you can see an image showing the three most common mounts.
- The first image is a static mount which uses angle iron that is attached to existing structure and then attached to the curtain via the grommets that are located at the top every 12 inches.
- The second image shows a track and trolley design which uses steel rollers to roll the curtain side to side.
- The third image shows a steel aircraft cable is strung between two points and allows the to be supported with steel S-Hooks.
Heat Resistant Strip Curtains
The material can also be fabricated into strips which allow for access into and out of areas for people or product. These industrial heat resistant strip curtains can even be used at the entrance of coke ovens where there are extreme temperatures. The heat reflecting curtains then keep the heat inside of the oven where it is produced which in turn saves on utility costs. Heat blocking curtains can also be produced in much wider strips based on the size of the opening you are trying to cover. They are a very good solution for conveyor openings. The advantages include:
- Greatly reduce heat loss
- Can endure extreme heat that PVC strip curtains cannot
- Can be quickly replaced if damaged
- Bright colors serve as a visual barrier