Akon insulated warehouse curtains allow you to partition and divide your floor space for temperature and humidity control. Unlike fixed rigid walls, the insulated panel curtains can be taken down when not needed for storage or reconfigured for new projects. These insulated curtain walls are often times 1/3rd the cost of fixed rigid panel walls and much quicker to install.
Create temperature zones for storing products at different temperatures or to create a more comfortable work environment.
Effectively control humidity levels within your facility for food products or for better manufacturing processes.
Zone or lease out your warehouse to tenants who need to be kept separated due to their different operations.
Insulated curtains are also dual purpose noise control curtains due to the thick batting they are made from.
Temperature and Humidity Zoning
- Create temperature zones for employee comfort
- Create temperature zones for food products or materials
- Easy to install behind your loading dock to reduce heat or cold loss
- Keeps consistent temperatures in various zones to save energy
- Ideal for food distribution plants to preserve quality of food
- Increases comfort for employees
- Curtain walls have Vinyl skins which are not harmed by condensation
- Certain versions have anti-microbial agent to prevent mold or mildew
- Allows mechanical chilling equipment to operate using less energy
Tenants and Work Zones
Manage Work Flow and Tenants
- Allows you to design and redesign temperature spaces
- If storage needs change, the walls can be easily moved
- Make spaces larger or smaller with modular 5′ wide panels
- If not needed, the entire wall can be stored in pallet boxes
- Unlike fixed walls no demolition is needed for redesign of layout
Manage Work Flow and Tenants
- Warehouse insulated curtains are ideal for temporary tenants
- If you lease out your warehouse, the curtains can divide work space
- They are also ideal at creating work areas for designated products
Construction and R-Values
The industrial insulated curtains have a thermal batting inside of two outer layers of reinforced Vinyl. The material is fire retardant to meet requirements set forth by most local and state regulations. Batting thickness depends on your required warehouse temperature separating needs.
AKON insulated curtains can provide temperature separation up to 40F. The thicker the batting, the higher the R-value you will achieve. We help you determine which R-value to choose based on your desired temperature zones and the duration you will need to use the insulated warehouse dividers. For instance, if your needs are short term, it is best to choose a lower R-value to reduce your expense.
Installing The Curtains
The curtains come in panels that are ‘5 wide that Velcro together from top to bottom. Once connected they form walls that can be in almost configuration. They run from the roof deck to the floor or from the bottom of the joists to the floor. Aluminum angle is the most common mounting method as it quickly attaches to the roof deck. You simply connect the angle to the structure and then use Tek screws with washers to pinch the curtain panels every 12″ to the angle. Need an installer? Ask AKON for one of our national installers to install your wall.
Seals Around Obstructions
Most curtain installations run all the way to the roof deck for a complete environmental seal and separation of environments. It is not uncommon with this type of installation to have to cut around purlins, joists, conduit and other obstructions. The curtains are made to be field cut and AKON provides special field patch tape to seal them back together at the split. It is very quick and very cost effective.
Entry and Exit Options
Insulated warehouse dividers are static position curtains. That means they do not roll side to side to allow people or material in. Rather, the curtains feature entry and exit locations. The most common entry and exits are strip curtains, swinging doors or powered roll up doors. Strip doors being the most common and economical. Each version features a freestanding frame that anchors into the floor and seals to the curtain wall.
- R3 - 15°F of temperature separation | .41 lbs/sq ft | .25" Thick
- R6 - 25°F of temperature separation | .48 lbs/sq ft | .50" Thick
- R9 - 35°F of temperature separation | .82 lbs/sq ft | 3.5" Thick - (2) R3 panels with 3" air gap
- R15 - 40°F of temperature separation | .96 lbs/sq ft | 4" Thick - (2) R6 panels with 3" air gap
- Fire retardant: Exterior and interior ASTM E84 Class A Rating
- 5 feet wide panels
- Full length industrial grade Velcro on panels for connecting
- Grommets on 12 inch centers at top of each panel
- Temperature range: -20° F to 160° F i
- Skins: 19 oz acrylic coated vinyl exterior vinyl
- Batting: Double batting antimicrobial core
- 6" floor sweep to engage floor