Exhaust Hood Curtains Are Used For Welding and Cooking
Exhaust Hood Welding Strips
Exhaust hoods in welding areas help keep harmful
fumes from welding operations contained and
funneled to the top and away from workers.
Oven Exhaust Hood Curtains
Most commonly used in restaurants for pizza ovens
and a variety of other baking ovens. The strips direct
the heat away from the workers.
Strips Come In Different Colors and Widths
Weld Strip Colors
Welding strip colors vary based on customer preference. The amount of UV light blocked varies slightly from one color to another but all colors are OSHA welding approved. The darker the shade, the more UV light that it will block. Please remember, welding pvc strip curtains are not a substitute for welding helmets. They are made for indirect viewing of welding operations.
- Tinted Amber Weld
- Tinted Aztec Red Weld
- Tinted Blue Weld
- Tinted Orange Weld
- Tinted Bronze
- Opaque Black
- Opaque Blue
- Opaque Green
PVC Strip Widths
Strips come in several different widths and thicknesses depending on the height of your opening and the type of traffic that will pass through it. The strip thickness is an important part of picking a strip for your PVC strip door so that entry and exit is quick and easy. The two most common sizes are below.
- 8" width x .080" thick (Most Common)
- 12" width x .120" thick
- Header Mount
- Wall Mount (Most Common)
- Universal Mount
- Threaded Rod Mount (Just a Feature of Universal Mount)
- Supported from the floor up
- Used in open floors when you can't support from the exhaust hood.
- Allow the strips to roll out of the way
- Ideal for complete access when strips are not needed
- Note the strips roll like a barn door and do not fold up
- Fits up to 2" diameter pipe
- Each pipe clamp is 4” wide and holds 2 strips (overlapped)