Car photography is not so easy task. Different strategies are applied depending on whether they’re prowling on the roads or staying put right before your camera lens. Selecting the background is crucial; the suitable background can either provide your car in a very clear contrast or it can generate significant dramatic effect. You do not want to have a picture of your vehicle blending into the complicated city background or a sports car which looks stationary. Using the AKON line of car photography backdrops is an economical solution and will look great.
A Professional Look
Vehicle Photo Booths
You have an awesome new car, or you have been to the biggest car show you have ever seen and you have snapped some fantastic images. Nevertheless, when you obtain them back or look at them on your camera’s screen, they appear nothing like the shots you observe in books & magazines. The paint does not sparkle & something appears wrong with the car photography backdrop. That automobile in your garage or the exotic on the greens of the golf course do not look as effective as in person. So what went wrong? It could have been several things because making an automobile look fantastic in photographs is part science and part art. The AKON photo booth curtains will help you take better photos – quickly & easily.
The Car Photography Backdrop Curtains
The backdrop curtains for your vehicle is certainly where you will get to show off your innovative skills. Non-printed solid color curtains are the most common for personal use and for photo booths for car dealerships and auto traders.
- Curtain Color and Logo – Grey or white color curtains work best. The bigger the space is the better it is for your auto photo booth. It is also great if you go with white backdrop curtains if you have white epoxy floor surfaces to reflect the light backup underneath the car to provide good detail on the vehicle’s tires. (Please note AKON does not supply the logo. You would source that from our preferred decal printer or yours)
- Curtain Hardware – You also need to decide how you will hang the automotive photography backdrop curtains. We have many different styles to choose from to suit your needs. You can hang them from above, or you can support them from the floor if there are too many obstructions above. Keep in mind the floor mounted auto photo booths are the most expensive.
- Curtain Material – We have fabric material or Vinyl material to choose from. The Vinyl material is slightly reflective but is the most economical. The fabric material is soft and will not reflect light but is slightly more expensive.
Your Photo Booth Curtain Accessories
- The Lighting – For lighting, you have 2 basic options – strobe lights or hot lights. Hot lights release continuous power just like a conventional light bulb and florescent lights. However with the incandescent proceeding the way of the dodo, florescent lights are progressively becoming the conventional standard for lighting a photo booth for vehicles.
- The Camera – For any kind of photography the most essential thing is a camera. You need a camera that can shoot effectively. It’s better if you use DSLR cameras, with dedicated off-camera flashes, and fully manual settings. If you’re utilizing an SLR – either digital or 35mm – always obtain the best optics you are able to afford. Camera lenses are more crucial than the camera body, the film, anything.
In areas where getting the curtain dirty is a concern we have the 18oz Vinyl curtains. Its slick surface makes it easy to clean and it is resistant to water spray. Unlike the Poly Premiere its surface is more reflective and shiny. This is the workhorse material that is made for less than ideal conditions. $$
Fabric Poly Premier
Poly Premier is a soft material commonly used in many commercial and industrial applications. It has a linen look and feel with a flat, matte finish. It is commonly used to create backdrop walls for photography of large products like automobiles. $$
- 16 gauge galvanized steel tracks
- Nylon roller hooks for easy opening
- 6 mounting styles to connect to various structures
- Free standing hardware for up to 20' in height
- Aluminum angle - Use with self tapping Tek screws
- I-beam clamps - Clamps onto the flange of beams, joists and purlins