New and Replacement Prep Curtains for Prep Stations. Maximize your floor space and contain paint and water spray with AKON prep booth curtains. The auto body curtains are the ideal solution for prep stations and industrial customers all around the country. Once installed, the curtains create work stations or work stalls that will contain sparks, paint, water overspray, aluminum dust, steel dust and most chemical sprays.
Choose A Style
Create Prep Work Zones In Your Shop
Quick To Deploy And Store
Free-Standing Prep Booth Curtains
Keep Prep Work Areas Clean
The Leader In Body Shop Prep Curtains
Strong With Quick Deployment
- Paint prep station curtains
- Prep booth curtains
- Retractable paint booths
- Detailing Wash Bays
- Under Coat Bays
- Grinding and Sanding Bays
- Under Coating Curtains
- Less expensive than rigid walls like drywall and panels
- Allow different work processes alongside each other with work cells
- Improve air quality and worker conditions
- Easily roll the prep curtains out of the way when not in use
- The automotive prep curtains meet all fire codes and regulations
- Quick to install and take down and move if necessary
- Five year warranty on the curtains
- And a lifetime warranty on track hardware
Designed For Speed and Flexibility
Curtains for paint prep booths or for any of the other applications mentioned above can be laid out in several different configurations. They can be single sided, double sided, triple sided or four sided to create complete enclosures. You simply inform AKON about your desired prep booth design and we will have it fabricated exactly as you need it.
- Floor anchors to secure the prep curtains to the floor
- Many custom colors to choose from to match your facility
- Clear vision panels allow line of sight through the curtains
- Chain weight pocket ensures prep curtain will not blow around
- 18 oz coated vinyl material is standard
- 16 gauge galvanized steel hardware which resists rusting
- Rolling curtain hooks allow for Easy Roll movement
- Double stitched hems for added reinforcement on edges
- Vinyl is reinforced with polyester scrim for longevity
The auto body prep stations can also feature filter panels in sizes of 4′ x 4′ or 4′ x 2′ to allow for negative pressure generated inside of the curtain enclosure due to ventilation systems. These replaceable curtain filters Velcro onto the curtain and can be replaced if and when they become too clogged to function.
Aluminum dust is now part of new car frames and dealing with that dust is now a critical consideration for auto-body shops. The processing of these aluminum body cars and trucks requires a completely sealed off area. Our aluminum repair enclosure curtains will divide these work areas where grinding is taking place from the rest of the shop.
Maintaining The Curtains
The prep curtains are made from a slick material much like your shower curtain. The material can be easily wiped off when it becomes dusty and washed down when it becomes dirty. If the curtains become really dirty you can wash them down further with a cleaning agent. The curtain wall material is also mildew-proof and resistant to most chemicals. In addition, if they become torn from a sharp object we offer clear patch tape to repair the rip.