Contamination in the workspace can be dangerous for the health of workers and clients alike. Because of this, any company or facility that handles hazardous chemicals must prepare in advance. One way to do so would be with AKON’s custom made decontamination curtains. They will keep dangerous materials inside and protect the environment outside your working facility. Whether you need them for a food factory, laboratory, the hospital’s special emergency room, or elsewhere, the curtains will help in maintaining a safer environment for all. You will be able to separate a large room into different zones, each with its own type of operation.
Contamination Spray Containment
The curtain walls come with grommets at the top, making hanging these contamination curtains quick and easy. Minimal tools are required.
Protecting the environment is critical when contamination takes place. These curtains are very quick to deploy either side to side or by rolling them down.
Chemical curtain walls are ideal for protecting bystanders from any dangerous chemical sprays that present a safety hazard.
The curtains form a physical barrier in almost any design you need as it relates to your application and decontamination needs.
You Control Hazardous Situations
The decontamination curtains will divide the workspace into different compartments and isolate them. By doing this, you can store different materials, make private spaces, and keep the work away from other rooms. The custom made decontamination curtains are perfect for chemical, medical, and environmental industries. You can create an entire enclosure or put the curtains at the entrance of a specific room. By doing this, you can continue to conduct specific operations in specific rooms without worrying the materials in one area could negatively affect the entire facility.
Preventing cross-contamination is of vital importance in the food industry. You will also have temperature control. Precise separation is important for both the workers’ health and the foods’ freshness. The curtains will contain light which can cause damage to some commodities. Specific products like fruits, cheese, medicine, or soft drinks could get spoiled in no time if direct sunlight shines towards them.
By placing such barriers, you will prevent any type of harmful pollution from reaching the outside environment or other rooms within the building. Every compartment will function without causing interferences to its neighbors and without being affected by them either. The decontamination curtains are also great at helping you maintain an organized procedure, as you can put custom signs which direct workers.
All AKON decontamination curtains are custom made. You have a variety of options when choosing the size, dimensions, colors, mounting options, accessories, and more. The curtains will offer strong protection without blocking your way. Airlocks will make it easy to transport large equipment. You will also be able to create secure access points for the transportation of contaminated items. No material will enter or leave the area without your knowledge. The curtains will also contain non-chemical nuisances such as dust, odor, and moisture.
Be Prepared And Ready
Decontamination Curtain Benefits
- Inexpensive unlike fixed walls
- You can quickly deploy them with an industrial roller curtain track
- You have different colors to choose from so your new curtain can nicely match your facility
- The working conditions will improve greatly
- Protection against hazardous chemicals, temperatures, light, moisture
- You can quickly move them away
- You can quickly clean them
- It is possible to re-purpose them for other compartments
- Ability to purchase more curtains and attach to existing curtains
- Divide work areas quickly
- Easy movement through facility rooms
- Industrial curtains improve worker safety
- Contain air migration, odors, dust, overspray
- Custom made with your sizes, dimensions, colors, and more
- Lifetime warranty on all hardware and 5-year warranty on curtains
Decontamination Curtain Features
Our decontamination curtains offer a safe working environment for any facility. Their superior protection will keep hazardous chemicals in check. The features include:
- Durable 18oz Vinyl reinforced with a polyester mesh scrim
- Clear 20mil Vinyl vision panel to allow a line of sight
- Vinyl meets NFPA 701 & California State Fire Marshall Standards
- Strong 16 gauge galvanized or stainless steel track which resists rusting
- Hemmed edges for a clean finished look
- Resistant to different dangerous chemicals
- Every Curtain has a 5 year Warranty!
- The Hardware has a Lifetime Warranty!
You have a great choice of layouts as well. We can supply you with any type you wish. Some common configurations can include straight, 2-sided, 3-sided, 4-sided, and multiple straights. You can make a sketch and submit it in our request-a-quote form (click the yellow button below).
Curtain – Optional Components
You can change the way your custom curtain looks in different ways. Choose a unique color, texts, and more. The bonuses include:
- Choosing between different colors
- You can also add warning signs on your decontamination curtains to prevent anyone entering from the outside
- Chain weights will keep the curtains stable and prevent hectic movement
- You can ask for vision panels which will allow a clear line of sight
- By using floor sweeps, it will help control contaminated water from migrating to the outside zone
- We can also include walk through strip doors
- 16 gauge galvanized steel tracks
- Nylon roller hooks for easy opening
- 6 mounting styles to connect to various structures
- Free standing hardware for up to 20' in height
Static Mount Hardware
- Aluminum Angle - Use with self tapping Tek screws to pinch curtain to angle.
- Grommets Only - You can then use many DIY methods to hang the curtains.
- Beam Clamps - Clamps onto the flange of beams, joists and purlins.