PVC Strip Size Has 2 Aspects
- Strip Width
- And Thickness
How We Choose The Correct Strip Width
By using the simple chart shown below you can choose the appropriate
width of strip. For instance, if you have a very tall opening that you are
trying to cover and the strip width is too narrow it will curl at the bottom.
The taller the opening the wider the strip must be.
As an example if you have a 14’ high opening and it will be located indoors
then ideal strip as shown in the chart below would be a 12” wide strip.
How We Choose Strip Thickness
When choosing a strip thickness you should consider what will be traveling
through the strips.
- .060″- Ideal for people only traffic such as walk-in coolers – Indoors
- .080″ – Ideal for heavy foot traffic and light industrial traffic – Indoors
- .120″ – Ideal for moderate industrial traffic – Indoors and Outdoors
- .160″ – Ideal for heavy industrial traffic for strong winds – Indoors and Outdoors
Things to Consider
- Not all strip widths have all thicknesses available
- For heavier traffic doors it is best to choose a Ribbed material over a Smooth material.
- 12″ and 16″ strips with 100% overlap are not ideal for foot traffic due to the force required to walk through them