Can I watch someone weld through the curtain?
- No. Welding curtains are only made for protection of indirect viewing of a welding process. That is to say that you see someone welding and then quickly turn away. They do not take the place of a welding helmet which is used for watching a welding process
What’s the difference between clear Vinyl and tinted Vinyl?
- The vinyl that we use for clear curtains is the same vinyl that we use for the welding curtains. The welding curtains however are thinner at 14 mil thick while the clear curtains we provide our 20 mil thick
- Both of them can be used for welding applications except the clear material of course will not block any harmful UV light
- If that is not a concern than both materials should work fine
Will the Vinyl hold up to flying sparks?
- The vinyl material will hold up to hot flying sparks as shown in the picture below. Keep in mind there are different kinds of sparks. There are sparks from grinding metal which these curtains work great for and then there are sparks which come from other work processes which are very large and sometimes molten. For that type of an application, we would need to use our line canvas welding curtains.
Does a specific color offer more protection than other colors?
- The different shades of the 14 mil welding curtains are shown below.
- The darker the shade, the more UV light it blocks.
- All of the AKON welding curtains are welding rated so it is more of a personal preference.