With the use of the AKON's line of wind proof curtains you can greatly extend the longevity of your investment. These curtains feature a unique anchor system which reinforces the curtains from the steel track down to the cement. This anchoring system along with the reinforced trolleys gives you unmatched strength for windy areas. Installation is quick and side to side movement is available with the use of the industrial curtain tracks.
- Heavy Duty mildew resistant webbing
- Runs the entire length from top to bottom
- Reinforces the super duty curtain
- Spaced every 4 feet for superior strength
- Super duty anchor plates attaches to the webbing
- Straps go through the D-Rings for attaching
- Anchors into the cement for wind loads
- Can be driven over or counter sunk for heavy traffic
- Quad steel rollers spaced every 4 feet
- Rated for 125 pounds of force each
- Bolted to the webbing for stress point relief
- Galvanized outdoor rated curtain track
- Optional wind mesh panels for additional wind relief
- Optional back flap installed on back side of mesh
- Flap keeps the breeze out but allows stronger winds through
- If no mesh is needed curtain can all be solid
So far on the market there are no curtains competitively priced that are listed as outdoor super duty curtains for windy areas, though a lot claim this. These inferior curtains have grommets that will rip out as they are not properly reinforced with webbing. AKON super heavy duty outdoor curtains are designed based on our experiences with how curtains have failed in the field from our years of experience. We have developed a wind blocking curtain that takes the stress off of the curtain material and puts it back on the hardware to relieve tearing and curtain failure.
Outdoor Curtain Strength
This super heavy duty outdoor curtain features an optional mesh section in the middle to allow some wind to blow through to reduce the stress on the curtain. The mesh also has an optional back flap to help control free-flowing breeze when it is not windy out.
We also triple stitch sew heavy duty webbing straps vertically every 5 feet the full length of the curtain from the roller hooks all the way down to the anchor plates. This takes the majority of the stress off of the curtain and places it on the hardware at the top and the bottom of the curtain. The quad steel wheel rollers are each rated for 125 pounds of force. Anchor plates at the bottom are bolted into your concrete and also have exceptional strength for wind loads.
- Hem can hold anywhere between 25-35 lbs per square inch
- The hardware can handle approx 75 lbs per foot of span
- 22 oz PVC coated fabric with Mesh Wind Panel
- Ideal for temperatures going as low as -22° F or -30° C
- Color options available
- Straps are sewn onto the curtain (old style shown in picture)
1 - Wall Mount | Attaches to the face of a vertical surface
2 - Ceiling Mount | Attaches to the underside of a flat surface
3 - I-Beam Mount | Attaches / clamps to a flange such as an I-beam
- 16 gauge galvanized steel tracks
- Heavy Duty roller hooks for easy opening
- Dimension O.D. – H-1.25″ x W-1.44″