Pressure washing (or power washing) comes with its dangers. While the high-pressure water spray can easily remove loose paint, mold, or mud from hard surfaces, there will be risks for anyone who is too close. Direct threats include injuries, equipment damage, and electrical shocks. The “indirect” threats could include water contamination, infections, and dangerous chemicals being blown high into the air. Here is where AKON’s pressure washing containment curtains come in handy. They will contain the over-spray from power washing and even painting processes thus creating a safer working environment.
Pressure Washing Containment Applications:
- Vehicle wash bays
- Garage wash bays
- Ships, boats, and floating structures
- Marinas and industrial ports
- Sidewalks or Parking Lots
- Equipment washing in plants and industries
- And for other industrial purposes
Pressure Washing Splash
Pressure Washers Pose Serious Risks
Pressure washers have intensive power. Their spray is so strong, it can cut skin and cause major wounds. Sometimes, these injuries might appear minor, but the damage will become obvious soon enough. Delaying treatment might put the person in a greater risk of infection, disability, or amputation. Some threats could include:
- Some water jets can travel up to 2,000 miles per hour. Such force will seriously injure human skin if it gets a direct hit
- Pressure washers can aerosolize liquids on machinery. These liquids can contaminate the water or air with lethal chemicals
- The force of a pressure washer might cause workers to fall
- Cleaning machinery can be dangerous if the electricity is still on
How To Avoid Hazards
- Never point a pressure washer at yourself or other people
- Use rubber-soled boots
- Carbon monoxide poisoning is extremely dangerous and can occur if you use gas-powered systems indoors. This requires good ventilation
- Use walls or special curtains as isolation. That way, contaminated air or water won’t be able to escape the area
- Keep an eye on circuit breakers and inspect them if they suffer damage during washing
- Wash with soap and water if you receive a small injury during pressure washing
- If there are serious wounds: use a clean cloth to stop the bleeding; then wash with clean water; only after that clean the wound with soap and water; and place a dry adhesive bandage; immediately after that seek medical attention
How To Safely Contain The Overspray From Pressure Washing
Self Contained Wash Bay
Self contained wash bays are used in a range of industrial and commercial applications in order to contain hazardous chemicals, over-spray, and fluid waste. They are a realistic containment method that stops any contaminated water from washing elsewhere indoors or outdoors. These wash bay curtains are effective, simple, and easy to use. We can help you create your own custom design with the ideal solutions for your unique needs and applications. Over the years, we have supplied custom curtains to different industries such as car dealerships, heavy equipment dealers, garbage companies, paint spray shops, construction sites, food manufacturers, and more.
Contain Pressure Washing Spray
AKON’s pressure washing curtain wall will help you maximize the shop floor space and contain dirty water, dust, chemicals, and more. Reduce maintenance costs by confining water sprays. Not only liquids, but the special material of these shop curtains is also suitable in preventing metal smut, dust, and weld sparks from spreading beyond the work area. Our economical curtains are the best solution for industrial setups and prep stations where you can create work cells of different shapes and sizes. By using various custom features, you will be able to upgrade the final product and create an amazing curtain with multiple-sided for containing pressure washing spray.
AKON’s Custom Curtains Are The Perfect Solution
Water containment when using a pressure washer can be done with special curtain enclosures. These enclosures can also provide small heating and sound control capabilities. AKON’s custom curtains are great for pressure washing containment in industrial and commercial applications. These amazing curtains will stop the power washing over-spray from contaminating nearby rooms. You will be able to separate your facility into areas for specific tasks. If you require 1, 2, 3, or 4-sided enclosures, we will provide the perfect-fitting curtain. Common applications include vehicle wash bays, parking lots, and more. Contain flying mud, water, and debris from wash down procedures with ease. By keeping these elements into a defined industrial wash enclosure, you will guarantee other areas of production stay clean and dry.
Wash Bay Curtain Features
- There are several features which make the curtains long-lasting and economical solutions for wash bays
- Durable 18oz Vinyl reinforced with a polyester mesh scrim
- Clear 20mil Vinyl vision panel to allow a line of sight
- Vinyl meets NFPA 701 & California State Fire Marshall Standards
- The 16 gauge galvanized steel track has a strong resistance to rust and almost every wash down chemical
- Hemmed edges for a clean, finished look
- Use one or multiple-sided layouts depending on where you are conducting power washing
- We provide a 5-year warranty on all curtains and a lifetime warranty on all hardware!
Benefits Of Pressure Washing Curtains
- They will contain any spill (including over-spray and paint spray) and protect surrounding areas from contamination
- Control dust, dirt, debris, and dangerous chemicals while power washing
- Greatly improve security and provide comfortable working conditions
- Vinyl is slick and won’t stain
- Pressure washing containment curtains are easy to clean, move, or replace
- Convenient and portable
- Deploy the curtains quickly with an industrial roller curtain track
- They are inexpensive unlike fixed and hard walls
- You can customize the curtain layout, dimensions, accessories, and colors. Create the perfect curtain for your shop or production area
The Industry Leader In Wash Bays
- 16 gauge galvanized steel tracks
- Nylon roller hooks for easy opening
- 6 mounting styles to connect to various structures
- Free standing hardware for up to 20' in height
Static Mount Hardware
- Aluminum Angle - Use with self tapping Tek screws to pinch curtain to angle.
- Grommets Only - You can then use many DIY methods to hang the curtains.
- Beam Clamps - Clamps onto the flange of beams, joists and purlins.
- Need more ideas? Check out our outdoor curtain anchoring guide.