CNC machines produce a lot of dust and that dust needs to be controlled at the source to keep workers healthy and your shop clean.
We've got a solution, and it is not only super efficient, but inexpensive and simple as well! To keep production running smoothly for long periods of time, we suggest using dust enclosures, made specifically for CNC machines.
In this article, we will explain why our CNC machine dust enclosures are worth it, and give other reasons on how they will improve the working environment in the entire facility as a whole. Keep your CNC machines clean and accurate at all times, so they may excel in their machining roles!
Superior Dust Control
If the work process releases a lot of dust into the air, then you might want to consider the AKON line of industrial dust control curtains for cnc machines.
- These curtains are easy to install and can completely surround the CNC machine. With the source of the dust sealed off, you will keep the air quality in your facility clean
- Keep dust away from and off of your surrounding products, machines, and floor
- Keep dust particles out of your associates’ lungs which ensures better health
- Contain and isolate individual work cells which produce the dust or over spray
- Keep tiny food particle dust from contaminating surrounding areas
- Quickly setup and take down the mobile containment cubes
Control Dust At The Source
AKON's CNC machine dust enclosures are made for such operations. You can place the curtain enclosure around the cnc machine and it all the dust will be contained. During routine cleanups, you can pull it open with ease. Our curtain enclosures can be repurposed in other areas as well if needed.
- Improve noise, temperature, and UV light control
- These dust enclosures can easily be moved, stored, and repurposed elsewhere
- Keep your facility looking clean and professional
- Add clear, see-through window panels if needed
- Add strip doors to allow easier access for employees
- Our enclosures use fire-retardant vinyl
Why Dust in Your Factory Can Be Dangerous
Dust Hides Some Risks
- Poor product quality. We never underestimate dust's ability to end up in the high areas of our facilities. If the dust gets disturbed, it might fall down on our products and cause quality issues. It might also damage our equipment, while will lead to downtime while we conduct repairs.
- Decreases the efficiency HVAC systems. Some dust will inevitably get trapped in the HVAC system. That will cause the system to lose its efficiency and result in poor air ventilation.
- Employee health risks. Dust particles are so small that they can get into the lungs during inhalation. As they can’t get eliminated or dissolved once they’re inhaled, health issues arise. Aside from allergies and respiratory problems, dust can also cause severe lung diseases, such as cancer. Dust can also get into your employees’ eyes, especially if they aren’t wearing any protective gears. It can also cause slipping accidents as they accumulate on walking surfaces.
- Combustible dust explosions. As rare as it may be, dust combusting can occur. If the piled up dust comes in contact to an ignition source, it could lead to a disaster as well as OSHA fines.
Other than regular cleaning and maintenance, the most efficient way in preventing dust from spreading all around a facility is to use curtain enclosures around the dust's sources.
Other Enclosure Benefits
CNC machine dust enclosures will arrive with a complete installation kit and will take no more than a few minutes to be set up.
Certified For Work
AKON's dust enclosures are certified for heavy-duty operations. They will prevent dust from entering or leaving the CNC machine area.
Our enclosures are ideal for protecting workers or visitors by creating a barrier which isolates the area around your equipment.
Not only will the enclosures prevent dust from passing through, but will also block UV rays, and provide noise and temperature control.
Our dust enclosures are custom-made per your applications. Not all CNC machines are the same, and we always take that into considering when designing our curtain enclosures. What we offer are two main types of curtain walls: heavy-duty industrial curtains, and strip curtains. Both have their unique features, and you can see them by clicking on the quote links below. When designing a curtain, you can choose custom:
- Layouts with multiple sides
- Specific heights, lengths, and widths
- Different materials
- One of many colors
- And accessories such as floor sweeps, clear vision panels, Velcro seals, chain weights, anchor straps, and more
AKON will supply you the best dust containment enclosure for your CNC machine. Our designs are inexpensive, can be made mobile, and are quick to install or take down. Dust will never be an issue.